Team Hensley

Team Hensley

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lydia's Here: Part 2.


Chicago misses you already, Lydia!


I just dropped Lydia off at the blue line headed to O'hare. I'll see her in three weeks for Christmas; otherwise, there would have been a lot more tears.

We had a great visit. Monday we walked around the neighborhood, visiting Hyde Park's awesome bookstores, checking out the Hogwart's-like campus, peeping through the windows at the Frank Lloyd Wright house, and ooh-ing and aah-ing at the beautiful Rockefeller Chapel.




We then met some of her Chicago friends at Gino's East for some delicious pizza.

Yesterday, we went to Chinatown where Lydia treated us to a delicious dinner. Nate poses in his meow hat with Hello Kitty.


My sister's favorite dinner consists of tons and tons of mac and cheese and piles of crab rangoon. She didn't get any mac and cheese, but there was a ton of food. Nate is shocked to see so many noodles.



After dinner, we posed as our Chinese zodiac signs by their statues. Lydia is a tiger, I'm a rat, and Nate is a horse.





Today we went downtown to go to the Sear's Tower (technically the Willis tower these days). Turns out, Chicago is super huge! It snowed (!) today and was cloudy, so these pictures aren't very good, but you still get the idea.

WARNING: THIS NEXT SERIES OF PICTURES MIGHT MAKE SOME FOLKS UNCOMFORTABLE. I'M THINKING OF YOU, CANDY! LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!


The skydeck was super scary. At first, I could only put one foot out there and hold on to the wall.



Although I was very sad to see her go, I know she is glad to get home to her own bed, see her pooch, and get back to 80 degree weather. Lyddie doesn't do cold. She claimed today that Chicago was uninhabitable for humans.

Most importantly, our hard working teacher got to get in some good rest and some quality time with two cats who are really going to miss her. They love a good napping buddy.



Happy Thanksgiving Eve, everyone. Tomorrow, Nate and I will host our very first Thanksgiving dinner together. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. That plate of noodles reminds me of Magical Mystery Tour. Take pictures of your Thanksgiving dinner for us.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such great pics! I used to live in Chi town & I miss it dearly (especially after seeing these pics) :-)

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete