Team Hensley

Team Hensley

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Texas Trip: Part Three

Okay, I realize that this is getting ridiculous. Christmas was almost a month ago. So, let's try and get this finished up today. There are other things going on in our lives that I would love to tell you about.

On Christmas Eve afternoon, we headed back to San Antonio to spend Christmas with my family. We were greeted with this:

It's a shrimp tree! My mom made it! It's awesome! As you can see, there were various other treats as well: fudge, cookies, cheese balls, sausage, dips, chili, little smokies and so on.

My family has always opened presents on Christmas Eve. So we tore right in. It ended up being an epic four hour event.

Dad bought Lydia a toilet seat. Lydia bought Trevor a donkey. Yes, our family is strange. Strange, but wonderful.



I was totally jealous of Sydney's new roller skates.



We got my dad Bush's book, but not without sneaking in an Obama bookmark.


After present opening, we all went straight to bed in eager anticipation of Santa's arrival. On Christmas Day, we got up, opened our stockings, and immediately began cooking for our afternoon feast. As usual, it was delicious. Trevor was super excited about dinner.


Lydia, Nate, Trevor, and I are at the kid's table, so you can't see us.


And we can't forgot about our animal family.

Maggie. Pathetic, but lovable.

Belle. She's kind of a diva.


My brother and his girlfriend's two little adorable kitties, Bojangles and Shenanigans. Here's one wearing a festive hat.

WARNING: AMANDA, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER! THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE!!


And Weezy, my brother's snake. Mom wasn't too thrilled about having it in her house.


We bummed around Schertz for a few days. It was nice to relax. We met Alicia and Dustin in Gruene for dinner.




Nate went on to Shreveport to get rich. I enjoyed my last days of Tex-Mex with my family.

Again, it was very hard to say good-bye. I am used to living an hour away and being able to jump in the car whenever I want to. We saw each other at least once a month, so being so far away is a huge adjustment.

Next, NYE wedding!

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to pack a lot into Christmas Eve! Great pictures. And where do I get an Obama bookmark? (...don't need the Bush book)

    ReplyDelete